We revealed earlier this week that we will be introducing a new prize draw to replace the old “100” and “200” clubs that raised vital funds for ECC. Here is an introduction (along with the rules) from our Treasurer Andy Walsh–
Over many years the club benefitted from funds generated by an all year round 200 club and a cricket season 100 club. These lotteries were organised and administrated by two stalwarts of the club, Geoff Dixon and Myra Keniford. The funds raised have assisted in keeping Enfield Cricket Club solvent and helped the club promote cricket in the local community for many, many years.
2017 has seen both Geoff and Myra begin a well-earned retirement leaving the club with a sense of personal loss, but also a big gap to fill in terms of administration of the club. One of the most important duties of the remaining committee members is to plug the financial hole left by the cessation of the above lotteries. To this end it has been decided to replace these two fundraisers with a new enhanced club lottery. It will be known as the Enfield Platinum 100 Club and for just over £2 per week there would be a chance to win a top prize of £2000 twice a year and in the ten remaining months a prize of £200 each month. Subscriptions will be £10 per month payable by standing order on the 1st of each month, or a discounted rate for the year payable by 1st June of £100.
If you were a member of the previous 100/200 clubs please give this new fundraising venture your support. It is hoped that members, parents and friends of Enfield Cricket Club will join the new 100 club as a means of assisting, through their financial contribution, the provision and development of the facilities of the club for everyone’s future enjoyment.
Enfield Platinum 100 Club Rules
1. The 100 Club will be operated under The Gambling Act 2005, which deals with Small Society Lotteries. The promoter will be the Chairman, Enfield Cricket Club.
2. The Club reserves the right to alter the rules of the 100 Club from time to time, as may be necessary. A copy of the current rules will be available on our website, www.enfieldcricketclub.co.uk
3. All profits made by the 100 Club will be used to support the club and its objectives.
4. The lottery will be limited to 100 members of Enfield Cricket Club over the age of 16 years (with the proviso referred to in rule 12).
5. The subscription will be £10 per month, payable by standing order on the 1st day of each month (or annually in a single payment of £100, to be made before the 5th working day of May each year). On receipt of a single annual payment or a standing order form the applicant will be allocated a draw number.
6. A draw will take place every month for a cash prize. Winners of prizes will be notified by email and the results of the draw will be open for inspection and published on our website.
7. 50% of the total annual subscriptions will be paid out in the form of cash prizes; for this purpose the 100 Club year will run from 1st June to 31st May.
8. The draws will be conducted by two people plus one independent observer, one of whom will be the Chairman of the club (or in his absence the Vice Chairman).
9. No 100 club participant will be included in the draw if the appropriate subscription has not been received by the 5th working day of the month in which the draw is taking place. The promoter reserves the right to reallocate any draw number where payment has not been received on time.
10. Prizes will be paid only to the person holding the winning number.
11. In the event of there being less than 100 participants, prizes may be adjusted on a pro rata basis to the actual number of members at the time of the draw.
12. In the event of there being more than 100 applications to join the 100 Club, the club will issue the required number of draw numbers to satisfy demand and prizes may be adjusted on a pro rata basis to the actual number of members at the time of the draw.
13. Participants can cancel their entry in the lottery at any time by giving one month’s written notice to the Treasurer (and if paying by standing order, they should inform their bank). Any decision by Enfield Cricket Club to wind up the 100 Club will also be by one month’s written notice. Under no circumstances can any payments be refunded.
Forms can be found at the club or by contacting Andy by email at email@example.com
You can also receive an application form by emailing the club on the contact address on our website.
We will also be creating a separate section on this website were all results will be published.