We are privileged to have sponsors of the calibre of Intack Self Drive, and yet again one of our main sponsors has come up with the goods. As always our friends at ISD are providing our Professional, DB Ravi-Teja, with a vehicle during his stay.
We can’t thank these guys enough and we apologise now if you see continuous plugs for these fellas throughout the season on our various social media platforms, but they deserve it!
If you need to hire a vehicle for any reason at any time, make sure you give INTACK SELF DRIVE a call and let them give you a quote.
We revealed earlier this week that we will be introducing a new prize draw to replace the old “100” and “200” clubs that raised vital funds for ECC. Here is an introduction (along with the rules) from our Treasurer Andy Walsh–
Over many years the club benefitted from funds generated by an all year round 200 club and a cricket season 100 club. These lotteries were organised and administrated by two stalwarts of the club, Geoff Dixon and Myra Keniford. The funds raised have assisted in keeping Enfield Cricket Club solvent and helped the club promote cricket in the local community for many, many years.
2017 has seen both Geoff and Myra begin a well-earned retirement leaving the club with a sense of personal loss, but also a big gap to fill in terms of administration of the club. One of the most important duties of the remaining committee members is to plug the financial hole left by the cessation of the above lotteries. To this end it has been decided to replace these two fundraisers with a new enhanced club lottery. It will be known as the Enfield Platinum 100 Club and for just over £2 per week there would be a chance to win a top prize of £2000 twice a year and in the ten remaining months a prize of £200 each month. Subscriptions will be £10 per month payable by standing order on the 1st of each month, or a discounted rate for the year payable by 1st June of £100.
If you were a member of the previous 100/200 clubs please give this new fundraising venture your support. It is hoped that members, parents and friends of Enfield Cricket Club will join the new 100 club as a means of assisting, through their financial contribution, the provision and development of the facilities of the club for everyone’s future enjoyment.
Enfield Platinum 100 Club Rules
1. The 100 Club will be operated under The Gambling Act 2005, which deals with Small Society Lotteries. The promoter will be the Chairman, Enfield Cricket Club.
2. The Club reserves the right to alter the rules of the 100 Club from time to time, as may be necessary. A copy of the current rules will be available on our website, www.enfieldcricketclub.co.uk
3. All profits made by the 100 Club will be used to support the club and its objectives.
4. The lottery will be limited to 100 members of Enfield Cricket Club over the age of 16 years (with the proviso referred to in rule 12).
5. The subscription will be £10 per month, payable by standing order on the 1st day of each month (or annually in a single payment of £100, to be made before the 5th working day of May each year). On receipt of a single annual payment or a standing order form the applicant will be allocated a draw number.
6. A draw will take place every month for a cash prize. Winners of prizes will be notified by email and the results of the draw will be open for inspection and published on our website.
7. 50% of the total annual subscriptions will be paid out in the form of cash prizes; for this purpose the 100 Club year will run from 1st June to 31st May.
8. The draws will be conducted by two people plus one independent observer, one of whom will be the Chairman of the club (or in his absence the Vice Chairman).
9. No 100 club participant will be included in the draw if the appropriate subscription has not been received by the 5th working day of the month in which the draw is taking place. The promoter reserves the right to reallocate any draw number where payment has not been received on time.
10. Prizes will be paid only to the person holding the winning number.
11. In the event of there being less than 100 participants, prizes may be adjusted on a pro rata basis to the actual number of members at the time of the draw.
12. In the event of there being more than 100 applications to join the 100 Club, the club will issue the required number of draw numbers to satisfy demand and prizes may be adjusted on a pro rata basis to the actual number of members at the time of the draw.
13. Participants can cancel their entry in the lottery at any time by giving one month’s written notice to the Treasurer (and if paying by standing order, they should inform their bank). Any decision by Enfield Cricket Club to wind up the 100 Club will also be by one month’s written notice. Under no circumstances can any payments be refunded.
Forms can be found at the club or by contacting Andy by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also receive an application form by emailing the club on the contact address on our website.
We will also be creating a separate section on this website were all results will be published.
Enfield professional DB Ravi Teja arrived in sunny Accringtonia this afternoon (Friday 28th April), delighted to of finally arrived, Ravi is looking forward to the season and meeting his new team mates, members and supporters at DHL. There will be an informal gathering and a few beers will be shared at the club members bar this evening that everybody is s welcome to attend.
We’ll be announcing some greats news in the next few days, but for the time being here’s a small hint!
Our opening fixture this coming weekend coincides with th Easter weekend. For our members, neighbours, supporters and visitors we will be having live music after our match with Clitheroe with tunes provided by popular locals The Jackson Kay Band.
Local band watchers will know all about these boys. They need no introduction to DHL regulars or local music fans. It’s free entry so why not come and enjoy part of the long weekend with us at DHL, everybody is welcome.
On Sunday we begin our 2017 league campaign with a home game against league newcomers Clitheroe CC, although making a debut in the competition, they will be very familiar to most of our members and players, having plied there trade in the Ribblesdale League very successfully in recent seasons. We wish them all the best and welcome to new surroundings, we are sure they will be looking to impress all Lancs League followers over the next 5 months or so. We obviously hope they enjoy Sundays visit to DHL but go away empty handed! BecUse of unforeseen visa issues Pro DB Ravi Teja will not arrive until the week immediately after Easter, its not all bad news though as we are delighted to have secured the services of top,Lancs all-rounder Arron Lilley for Sunday’s opener. .
Suns out so make the most of it, on Sunday we warm up for season 2017 with a friendly away at our friends and neighbours Padiham CC.
Next week our outdoor nets begin with the seniors on Tuesday 11th and Thursday 13th April, prior to our season opener at home to Clitheroe.
Our junior outdoor nets begin on Friday April 28th from 6:15pm. Don’t worry if you missed registration night, if you’re new to the sport or looking for a change, all are welcome.
Enfield Cricket Club – Dill Hall Lane, BB5 4DQ
Hello and welcome to the 2nd edition of the Enfield Dragons newsletter. It’s been about 3 months since our last one and it’s been an action packed 3 months! We’ve made some great strides towards where we want/ need to be.
Indoor nets have started and we’ve seen steady numbers attending regularly. The feedback I’ve had from some of the gang has been positive so far. I had a quick word with a few you and stressed the need to recruit more members. While I’m conscious that we need to provide quality coaching, facilities and equipment to our junior members, we need to up our numbers. Bigger numbers equals better training nights, more teams, more new friends and more fun! We’re about to move our training outdoors in the coming weeks and I’m sure we’ll see a positive upturn.
I have the pleasure of inviting you all to a preseason meeting to be held at the club on Friday 7th April at 18.45. Free tea and coffee will be on offer and the bar will be open as usual. Everyone with an interest in the juniors are welcome – parents, kids, club members etc. It’s very important that you attend this meeting if possible. I’ll be updating you all on our plans for the season, introducing you to the coaching team, running through some of the changes we’re making and revealing some exciting news!
I’d like to take this opportunity to congratulate 2 members of our team who have recently completed their initial steps towards becoming fully qualified coaches. Lewis Garratty and Kieran Shackleton have both passed their ‘Coach Support Worker’ qualification. The 1 day course is developed by the ECB and delivered by the Lancashire Cricket Board. THIS IS THE FIRST OF MANY OPPORTUNITIES FOR OUR COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS TO DEVELOP THEIR SKILLS. Keep your eyes peeled for more opportunities
Once again, thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to see you all on Friday 7th April.